Sunday, November 9, 2008

Carving Pumpkins






I know we are a little late in adding this post about Halloween but better late than never.




This was Joshalyn's first year of carving a pumpkin by herself. She actually picked out her pumpkin and the design she wanted to carve. This picture here is her design at night. If you can't tell very well it is a Cat. She did very well for her first pumpkin by herself. Because she is such a little princess I thought there was no way she would do it all alone. But the only thing that I did was cut the top for her. She cleaned it and cut the design and everything else. It was fun.



The night that we did the pumpkins was a Family Home Evening night and we thought it would be fun to have some friends over. We have been having a family over to our house to have the discussions with the missionaries. This was the family that came over. Man what a good time we had.

5 comments:

Jimmie Jan said...

OOH they're all soooo cute... Boy 'o'boy gramas miss all the fun when we are so far away huh? Hope ya'll had fun... We were traveling back home that night so no trick or treaters for us, and we were too tired to go to trunk or treat, sides its not as fun if you dont have little ones to share with.. Glad you posted again.
love mom

McPherson family said...

Isn't it fun as they get older to do these kind of activities with them? I enjoy it so much. It is fun to see you enjoying it too. I love the one with the cat face. Who's was that?

Jimmie Jan said...

Here's where my post is ... hummm I guess I was a but silly huh??? ok I knew I did it and I just thought the computer jipped me. I know I 'm not very computer savvy. But at least I am trying Love you guys

jox said...

Julie - The cat was Joshalyn's idea. She did it all from start to end except the top.

emily said...

i'm so happy that you have a blog ... your kids are ADORABLE and now i can keep up with what you're doing - now that i know you haven't fallen off the planet!