Monday, June 22, 2009

Here's the vacuum Kayla........



No this is not child labor. It went something like this.....



Kayla: Mommy you need to vacuum the floor
Mommy: Oh I do Kayla?
Kayla: Mommy it's dirty you need to vacuum it.
Mommy: Here's the vacuum Kayla.
She actually enjoyed helping. I think she found herself a new chore.
On this note Joshalyn told me the other day that she was bored so I started naming several things that she could do some of which were chores, but not all.(I think she decided she wasn't bored anymore, because I haven't heard her say that since)
The joys of being the parent............and maybe the child. I guess you'll have to ask my kids about that. They're so darn cute I can't help but love them and the things they say and most of all their perception on things.

5 comments:

Zach said...

That is Cute! Callie likes to help sweep the floor too, she'll practically steal the broom from you if you try to do it without her.

emily said...

too cute! and as for the "i'm bored" ... we deal with that in the summer time around here too ... my friend suggested that i make an 'i'm bored' jar ... when they're looking for something to do they have to draw a card and do what it says! mine has things like read a book to your brother, write a letter to grandma (or a missionary or who ever), scratch my back, jump and down 15 times, sweep the kitchen floor, etc ... you can come up with your own! but that's the idea! your kids are darling! have a great summer!

McPherson family said...

Wow, she talks that much huh? Carson won't hardly say 2 words. Ok well the other day he said "mama" for the 1st time and his other words are mostly sounds that you can kind of make out as words. I am hoping he starts talking more soon....kind of frustrating. That is so funny she would tell you the floor needed to be vacuumed. What a cutie she is. Can't wait to see you guys.

Lanae said...

Your yard looks great! We need to come for a walk to see it. Fun blogging posts!

McPherson family said...

Joshie!!!! I totally enjoyed the time we had together and I wished it had lasted longer too! I needed that time too. It just made me feel a little better, ya know. The feeling is mutual...I love you and your family too. It is really crazy that your kids have gotten so big and it is fun to see thier personalities. You have some great kids. It shocked me to hear Kayla talk so clearly, although if I just remember back to your other kiddos they did the same. I just didn't recognize her and it took a little while to get used to her being your "little" girl. I just can't tell you how much I love you and miss you completely. You guys mean so much to us and I hope we get to visit again soon and for a longer time.
Love your most favorite sister in the entire world.
Julie