Lynette and I posted an ad on Craig's list to sell the remaining brick from our house. It took a little while for somone to finally buy some of it but the cool part of the deal is not that someone finally bought it but rather who it was that bought it from us.
Most of you, if not all of you will not recognize her name. Gayle Chapman. She lives even closer to the Boise Temple than we do and we are quite close. Gayle Chapman was the original keyboardist for Prince. You all, I am sure recognize that name. At one time she also fronted for a local Jazz band, The Frim Fram 4. Not a big deal but that was our brush with a celebrity.
She came to get the brick this past Monday night and I helped her load it into her van and we had a pretty good chat about everything from her working for/with Prince to what she does not to allergies and how to best deal with them. It was fun. I found out, and she told me, that even celebrities are just normal people like the rest of us.
1 comment:
That's cool!
Post a Comment