Monday, September 28, 2009

I Hope They Call Me On A Mission...

I thought this was worth posting mostly because I need proof in writing. Two weeks ago out of the blue Hyrum told his dad that when he is old enough to go on a mission he said, "I hope they send me to Mexico because I love taco's." Now you have to know that prior to this day Hyrum has always told us he is not going on a mission. Even when we have the missionaries over for dinner he sits up at the table begrudgingly. We have never mentioned going on a mission or anything. We don't know why he doesn't want to go or why he doesn't like the missionaries. There have been two missionaries in the past 6 years that have won him over that he has liked. I am thankful to them(Elder Hinson & Elder Reed). I hope he remembers that he wants to serve a mission and that there are more places than mexico that will feed him taco's. He is even wearing a tie every sunday against his will without making a big deal out of it.

3 comments:

The Evans Family said...

It's because he loves his mommy! Hyrum is such a cute kid. By the way LOVE the blog. I will have to check up on it every now and then.

Lanae said...

I just went through your summer events and wow you guys had a great summer. That's awesome. Your family is such an example. I hope we can be like you someday. :)

grammaDawn said...

Are you kidding...with parents like you two, I'd really be surprised if he didn't go, but Mexico......? Of course he'll love anywhere he goes.