Tuesday, August 31, 2010
Joshalyn's 10th Birthday
Joshalyn turned 10 on August 7th. I can hardly believe that she is 10 and starting 5th grade. She is a very happy girl and had a fun birthday. She wanted to make this phone cake shaped in the number 10 so she picked out the colors and candies and I helped her decorate it. It was fun explaining to her that we used to have rotary phones like these that had cords on them. It was hard for her to fathom that we had to stay in one place or could only walk as far as the cord would allow when talking on it. I wish I had an old one to show her because it took some explaining the way we had to dial a number as well. Anyway she had a great day and she received lots of nice and fun things.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Happy Birthday Joshalyn, although it's late!
Happy birthday, Joshalyn! I love the cake--nice job!!
I bought an old, dial phone when my kids were young and they couldn't wait to call someone on it. The first one up had to ask how to use it. WOW, kids these days will never know life before microwaves, cell phones, computers and Xbox. Kinda sad.
Post a Comment