Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Funny Things Kids Say

I was reminiscing and looking through the scrapbooks for each of the kids that Lynette has created and I saw a section in each called Forget-Me-Nots. There is some funny stuff in there and since I got a kick out of them I thought you might also, I thought I would share.
Joshalyn:
For some reason she would always call the lawn mower "Daddy's Grass".
In January 2004 she was 3 1/2 years old she said, "We have to say 'Excuse Me' when we fart because our bums don't know how to talk."
Lynette nursed each of the kids so one day when Hyrum was hungry and crying Joshalyn said, "Mommy, Hyrum is hungry. Can you feed him with your shirt?"
Hyrum:
He was eating a hot dog one day and told Lynette "My hot dog needs a napkin around it because it doesn't want to burn me.
One day in June 2005 I had honked the horn on the van and he said to me "Daddy, I don't want to you Honk, It scares my ears.
Probably my favorite from Hyrum is this... One day again in June of 2005 we were visiting with my dad (the kids call him Papa), and Papa asked Hyrum what his shirt said. He replied, "Mariners lost again."
Shadrach:
This kid is really funny to me. I just love him. One day in August of 2007 Shad was 2 1/2 he told Hyrum "You have a brain in your hair."
One day Lynette was talking to him but can't remember what was going on but on asking him a question Shad replied, "I can't! Daddy is going to be in trouble at me."
When looking at his scrapbook of baby pictures he said "I got back big and then I got back little again."
Kayla:
One day in February of 2009 (Kayla was 1 1/2) I was rocking her to sleep when she looked at me and said "the clock is heavy." I don't know what that was supposed to mean but she promptly fell asleep.
When someone was holding her and she felt like she was falling she would say, "I'm heavy! I'm heavy."
She told Lynette one day, "My tongue hurts. It needs a bath."
One day when she was upset about something and Shad wanted to talk she said, "Don't talk to me Shad, I'm crying" I think she is starting way early for that.
When I brush their teeth, I always brush their tongues and I do that last. So one day I told Kayla to stick out her tongue so I could brush it. She said "you haven't brushed my cheese yet." I just laughed so hard. She calls the different parts of brushing her Ah, Cheese, and tongue.
Apparently when Lynette was cleaning up a mess one day Kayla said, "Mom, if you make a mess it's my job to clean it up." Too bad all the kids don't feel that way huh? Lynette says that Kayla really means it too. She gets upset if Lynette doesn't let her clean up those messes.

I know to most of you this isn't a big deal since you weren't a part of them but hopefully they will make you remember the times when your kids, nephews, grandkids, etc said the funniest things you ever heard. I hope you get a good laugh out of it.

Have fun and enjoy the little things or as Toby Keith calls them "the curtain climbers".

3 comments:

grammaDawn said...

How fun to have those things written down. I wasn't good at keeping those funny sayings recorded, but I'm trying to do it with the grandkids. It is fun to remember.

Dangela said...

One of my favorite kid quotes is from our niece, McKenzie. She was riding in the car with my Dad when she saw a man crossing the street. She looked at "Pop Pops" and told him, "See that man? Don't hit him. If you do, he will go to Heaven, and you will go to jail!"

Another one from her was when she killed a big spider one day. She ran in the house all excited and told her mom that she, "sent Charlotte to Heaven."

Jimmie Jan said...

Josh,
I just read all your funny things kids say. I know only 12 years late... Just found this by accident .. theyre great! maybe it'll be a fun memory right now for your kiddos! especially now that they are either adults or almost there!