Joshalyn has decided she wants to play the violin in orchestra this year at her school. She has only had the instrument three weeks and hasn't learned to play yet except for a friend of ours who plays the violin and showed her a few of the notes and taught her "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star." She was so excited that she couldn't put it down and taught herself "Mary Had a Little Lamb" and "I Am a Child of God." She has a good ear and I believe will do well this year.
Sorry about the lighting. It really is Joshalyn even if it is hard to see her.
2 comments:
Nice job, Joshalyn! I'm not surprised you are catching onto the violin so fast--your mom is a very talented musician. You will have to let us know when you have a recital. We would love to come!
I played violin for 6 years and she's already better than I was when I stopped. That was the only reason I was glad to move to Gig Harbor, they didn't have orchestra. Grandpa Ames would be proud, he loved the violin....so I've been told.
Post a Comment